GeoJunxion is looking, for our office in Capelle aan den IJssel (the Netherlands), for a Data Researcher and Analyst.
Working at GeoJunxion means working in a challenging and professional work environment in which there is room for personal input. GeoJunxion is a vibrant international company with clients from different locations around the world. Our products and services are mostly related to location services and digital maps, as well as the analysis of spatial data through the use of mapping software. You will be part of an experienced and dedicated team, in which you can develop your skills, take initiatives, form ideas, and pursue personal goals.
GeoJunxion is seeking a Data Researcher & Analyst to join our team. As a Data Researcher & Analyst, you will be part of our experienced and dedicated Operations team. Part of your role with GeoJunxion will include research through various methods for relevant data sources and report your findings in a systematic and standardized way. The research may include calls and offline research looking for precise information depending on our customer needs. The analyst part of your role will be to perform data analysis, organization, queries, and testing. You will use both, existing tests, and new ones you might have to develop according to the quality standards needed for the product. Your role will also include documenting your processes and tests, as well as creating product specifications and release notes. As products and services are mostly related to location services and digital maps so the data you work with will be mostly spatial. Therefore, experience with GIS is considered an asset but is not necessary. It is a versatile function in which you will have the opportunities to become a project manager of one or more small or continuous projects in addition to being a Data Researcher & Analyst.
You will collaborate with other colleagues in multidisciplinary teams. Due to the variety of projects and the innovative nature of the company, there will generally be a diversity of tasks to work on, focusing on different countries, regions of the world and industries (environment, urban planning, navigation, etc.) In addition, you participate in product improvement processes and product development trajectories, and you are given room to help you develop our company towards the future with your ideas.
We are looking for someone to join our team that can work full-time and has 1-5 years of work experience. The ideal candidate is someone who likes to work together but can also work independently. Someone who can work in an innovative environment and who is enthusiastic about working with data. We are looking for someone that is communicative, proactive and can take initiative and ownership of their work.
- Assess customer requirements and search for useful information and data
- Research available data and sources through various methods
- Assess (at a basic level) commercial and legal copyrights of data sources
- Perform analytical data analysis, organization, queries, and testing
- Development of tests and preparation of test reports.
- Perform tests, with existing test tools.
- Write work instructions and product specifications for our products.
- Collaborate with colleagues and supervise complex and less complex technical projects.
- Report to the Operations Manager and / or project manager.
- HBO working and thinking level
- Fluent in English, both written and speaking
- Dutch and other language skills are considered huge assets
- Live in and have the necessary documents to work in the Netherlands
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Proficient in online searching (such as Google search commands)
- Experience with database programming languages such as SQL and Python (Pandas)
- Knowledge of GIT
- Able to handle several responsibilities and work under tight time constraints
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Can work organized and efficiently according to company guidelines
- A position with diverse responsibilities and tasks
- A flexible work environment; both office and home working opportunities
- A training structure to further your skills
- Competitive Salary based on experience (approximately 2400 – 3300)
- Travel allowance
- A good pension scheme (50/50)
Working hours: Full-time, 40 hours
Start date: ASAP
Should this vacancy have your interest, please send a motivation letter and CV to: email@example.com
GeoJunxion is an equal opportunities employer and we believe in the power of a diverse, inclusive team. GeoJunxion welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of race, sex, religion/belief, disability, sexual orientation or age.