Location: Capelle aan den IJssel, Netherlands
Working at GeoJunxion means working in a challenging and professional work environment in which there is room for personal input. GeoJunxion is a vibrant international company with clients from different locations around the world. You will be part of an experienced and dedicated team, in which you can develop and find it important to be accountable, take initiatives, form ideas, and pursue personal goals.
As a GIS Data Scientist, you will be part of the Operations team. In this capacity you are critical for the quality and production of our products. This includes thinking up and carrying out tests, creating reports and QA monitoring with business intelligence software. Our products and services are mostly related to location services and digital maps.
It is a versatile position in which you can become the project manager of one or more small or continuous projects in addition to being a GIS Data Scientist. You often work together with other colleagues in multidisciplinary teams. Because of the variety of projects and the innovative character of the company, there will generally be a lot of variation in the work. In addition, you will participate in product improvement processes and product development trajectories, and you will be given room to help us develop our company towards the future with your ideas.
We are looking for someone to work full-time with approx. 1-5 years of work experience. The ideal candidate is someone who likes to work in a team environment but can also do so independently. Someone who likes to work in an innovative environment and who thrives on working with (big) data and geography. We are looking for someone that is communicative, proactive and can take initiative and ownership of their work.
- Analysis of spatial data through the use of mapping software
- Quality control of data and other location and map-related products
- Development of tests and preparation of test reports
- Perform tests, manually or with test tools
- Writing work instructions and product specifications for our products
- Collaborate and supervise complex and less complex technical projects
- Support for other departments on various projects
- Report to the Operations Manager and / or project manager
- HBO / Academic education in computer science, geography, surveying, engineering, or related field.
- Fluent in English, both written and speaking
- Dutch language skills are considered an asset
- Live in and have the necessary paperwork to work in the Netherlands
- Experience with mapping tools such as QGIS and or ArcGIS
- Experience with database programming languages such as SQL, R and /or Python
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Can work efficiently and in a structured manner according to company guidelines
- A position with diverse responsibilities and tasks
- A flexible work environment both office and home working opportunities
- A training structure to further your skills
- Travel allowance
- Fixed expenses
- A good pension scheme (50/50)
Working hours: Full-time
Start date: Mid September
Should this vacancy have aroused your interest, please send a motivation letter and CV to: email@example.com
GeoJunxion does not accept unsolicited CVs from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers.