Location: Capelle aan den IJssel, Netherlands
At GeoJunxion we are currently gearing up to keep on track with a growing demand for our services in geographical data. To develop and deliver this ambition, we are now hiring for a SPATIAL SOFTWARE ENGINEER for our office in the Rotterdam area.
Working at GeoJunxion means working in a challenging and professional work environment in which there is room for personal input. GeoJunxion is a vibrant international company with clients from different locations around the world. You will be part of an experienced and dedicated team, in which you can develop and find it important to be accountable, take initiatives, form ideas, and pursue personal goals.
We currently have an open vacancy for Spatial Software Engineer to create, manipulate, transform deliver aspects of geographical data. We are looking for people who can take a leading role in all stages associated with software development, from requirements definition and design to implementation, testing, and delivery.
We are looking for someone to work full-time with approx. 1-5 years of work experience. The ideal candidate is someone who likes to work together but can also work independently. Someone who can work in an innovative environment and who is enthusiastic about working with (big) data and geography. We are looking for someone that is communicative, proactive and can take initiative and ownership of their work.
What we expect from you
- A bachelor or master’s degree in computer science, a related field or comparable knowledge by experience.
- Solid knowledge of software development in one or multiple programming languages like Python or C++, or Java.
- Knowledge of (spatial) databases and SQL, like PostgreSQL / PostGIS.
- Experience with analysis through machine learning would be considered a plus.
- Working knowledge of English in speech and writing. Knowledge of Dutch is considered an asset.
- Live in and have the necessary documents to work in the Netherlands
What we can offer you
- Be part of exciting developments of the next generation of digital maps for the advancement of safety and sustainability.
- Working in an internationally mixed team of motivated and experienced fellow developers, in a pleasant atmosphere.
- A professional working environment where you can have the opportunity to shape the way we work: your work will have a profound influence on the products of our company.
Sounds interesting? Send your motivational letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online. If you have any questions about the position, please do not hesitate to contact us!
GeoJunxion does not accept unsolicited CVs from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers.